Community involvement has made a profound difference in the lives of the children and youth we serve at Elon Homes. Many people and organizations within our community go the extra mile to help.
Our volunteers provide many services, including:
- Sponsor activities and special including cookouts, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners and parties, back-to-school events, an Easter egg hunt and other special occasions.
- Bring gifts during the holiday seasons.
- Give lectures and host workshops to teach Independent Living Skills (budgeting, college and career awareness, leadership, public speaking, self-awareness, etc.).
- Serve as homework buddies.
- Mentor preteen/teen children and young adults (age 18-21) who reside in the Foster Care Village.
- organize the foster care storage closet.
- Serve on The Delegates – a volunteer leadership committee.
Annual Events for Foster Care Children
Spring Fling & Easter Egg Hunt – March / April
Sponsors are needed to filled eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt as well as activities for the Spring Fling. Wish list sponsors are also needed to fulfill Easter Baskets.
Foster Care Awareness Month – May
It’s important to highlight the work we are doing on a daily basic to help the Foster Children in our care. It’s also just as important to show the much appreciation to the responsibility our Foster Parent take on as Foster Parents. Gifts are needed to recognize foster parents for their hard work and dedication to foster children.
Back to School Celebration – August
Every year children look forward to the first day of school. In order for it to be success much needed school supplies is needed. Help sponsor a child’s Book bags & school supplies box for school age children.
Christmas Party – December
Sponsors are needed to donate to the children’s wish lists to ensure the children have a wonderful holiday season with their Foster Care families. Volunteers are also need to engage with the children & teenagers during the annual Christmas party.
Other Celebrations – Monthly
Each month brings opportunities to celebrate occasions with our Foster Children. From Birthday celebrations to Foster Parents Night Out to After School Activities we need your help.
If you or your group is interested in volunteering please contact the following department:
Foster Care Program, please call Christina Petzke at 980-242-0064.
The Village, please call April Rainer at 704-688-2954.